Voting Rating: 5 / 7 votes

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October's adventure and getting back to happy

Here I am, Shelby Hohsfield and I have totally fallen off my Happiness Project wagon. Good news is today is October 1st and I am getting back on whole heartedly.
We bought this house. It needed a lot of work and to be honest it is still a major work in progress. I love doing the DIY (do it yourself) home projects and painting away. I love this house. I love my huge backyard and all the great character and space this new place has for my family. I love all that, but I have realized something about myself. Having things does not make me happy. I thought it might, but while it makes me feel secure and excited to think about our cool place, there are certain things that keep my brain occupied while doing them that really make me a more happy person on a moment to moment basis and I have not been doing them. I had discovered many things through my happiness project that brought happiness. With this whole house move the focus was totally lost and all these things just went out the window.
Well, I’m back on the wagon. There are just certain things I know make a difference in my life and it would be silly not to do them. I need to run. I need to listen to some sermons from church. I need to cook. I love to cook for my family. That is not to much to do to bring more happiness in my life.
Today is October 1st and the focus for this month is to
Pay Attention~ Mindfulness
Meditate, examine true rules, stimulate the mind in new ways, and I’ve decided to keep a journal to write down what I am thankful for.
I am back and ready for some happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment